We’re in search of exceptional individuals who possess a rare combination of skills. We’d like to hear from candidates who want to make the world a better place, who possess a high degree of empathy and emotional intelligence, who have what it takes to motivate and hold someone accountable as they strive for a goal, and who enjoy learning about nutrition, physical activity, and behavior change. Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Whether you love what you’re doing and you just want to do more of it, or if you long for doing more to give back but you aren’t willing to quit your day job to do so, or if you’re looking for an enriching way to earn supplemental income (from your living room), becoming a ManUP™ Coach could be the perfect part-time job opportunity for you.
Your (new) Company
ManUP™ Health (www.manuphealth.com) exists to empower men to achieve their best in life by making the process of improving health like playing a sport. Roughly 70M U.S. men ages 18-64 are overweight or obese. That’s ~8.5M more men than women, yet there are fewer options to help guys lose weight as most programs are designed for women. This is why men’s participation in weight loss programs is dwarfed by women ~4 to 1. Add this to the fact that U.S. men suffer more severe chronic conditions and have higher casualty rates for all 15 leading causes of death, and we have an epidemic that needs a solution. This is why we created ManUP™. We help the average ManUP™ member transform their mindset to achieve and maintain at least 10% weight loss (3-5% is considered clinically significant).
For those of you who enjoy reading the fine print, here are the scientific underpinnings of the program: ManUP™ follows the recommendation of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force for an intensive, evidence-based, multicomponent behavioral intervention. The program is based on research from the National Weight Control Registry, which studies over 10,000 individuals who have lost 70 pounds and successfully kept it off for at least six years, and integrates key insights from other landmark health studies. ManUP™ is the first commercially available program based on the groundbreaking science of metabolic flexibility, which trains one’s metabolism to be more efficient. Scientific oversight of the program is provided by Dr. John Peters, PhD. Dr. Peters currently serves as Professor of Medicine and Chief Strategy Officer at University of Colorado Anschutz Health and Wellness Center.
Your (new) Role
After you complete the ~10 hours of free training (a ~$500 value) required to master the scientific and behavioral tenets of ManUP™, you’ll lead your members (1:1 and teams) through the four-month structured program, providing motivation, accountability, and problem solving along the way. You’ll then continue that coaching relationship until your members’ newly learned mindset, activity, and nutrition (M.A.N.) habits become second nature. You should feel rewarded by the fact that your members’ success is your success. And you should feel like an integral part of our national and international team of ManUP Coaches who are the heartbeat of this company. So, do you have what it takes to help men gain energy, burn fat, and transform their lives for the better? (Oh, and did we mention that you can make this impact all from the comfort of your own home, with flexible hours that you define?) If so, here are the responsibilities that you’ll excel doing:
- Build trust, credibility, and a strong degree of accountability with your members (all done over video calls, text, and email)
- Provide guidance, encourage progress, and work with members to address their challenges
- Encourage goal setting
- Provide feedback on your members’ weight and physical activity tracking
- Deliver ManUP™ as it was designed, but add your personal strengths and uniqueness as a Coach to create the best possible experience for your members
- Be accessible to your members in a timely manner to answer questions & troubleshoot issues
- Peer-review your team of fellow Coaches (as required) for training and development purposes
- Participate in ongoing (free) training as required, learning new behavioral, nutritional, and exercise science insights
- Passion to want to help others, especially men who want to improve their health
- Ability to actively listen and empathize with your members in order to relate to them
- Comfortable holding others accountable despite only having an indirect influence on them
- An interest to further your education in the nutrition, physical activity, and behavior change fields
- Ability to guide behavior change without prescribing personal actions or solutions
- Ability to work with a diverse group of men of varying ages, ethnicities, life experiences, etc.
- Be willing to dedicate at least five hours per week (unless on vacation, etc.) to coaching each member through their ~12 month tenure; the maximum number of hours allowed to coach is 30 hours per week
- Must own a smartphone and have the ability to adeptly complete online video calls (e.g., Skype, FaceTime, etc.) and text with your members
- Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent trade certification; any experience coaching others (especially in a health or wellness related field) is preferred, but not required
Other Important Stuff
- Beyond helping men transform their lives for the better; giving you the ability to work from anywhere at the hours you set; and training you in relevant nutrition, physical activity, and behavior change topics (both at the start of your tenure and through ongoing development); we also provide competitive compensation and room for career growth (if so desired)
- Every employee in our company coaches members (even the CEO) so that we live what our Coaches and members feel. We find it rewarding. We’re confident that you will too.
- We’re looking for both male and female Coaches; in fact, a significant number of our male members prefer to work with a female coach
We appreciate you making it this far. If the role of ManUP™ Coach still sounds interesting to you, please send us an introductory email at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know why you think you’d be perfect for this job. We promise to read and respond to every job submission.
The ManUP™ Health Team